CPDP Seminar “Corporate Social Responsibilities….”
The issue of sustainability has gained currency in the operations of most organisations in recent times. Increasingly, we are seeing recruitments into the role of Sustainability Manager across industries. What is sustainability? Is there a relationship between Sustainability, CSR and PR practice? How critical is the concept of sustainability to the success of organisations? In exploring this concept, the IPR will shed light on the notion of the “triple bottom line”, also referred to as the “triple Ps”, in the context of the role of the PR practitioner.
- Sustainability – an emerging concept in PR Practice
- Sustainability versus CSR
- The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – a point to how critical sustainability is.
- The concept of ‘’Triple Bottom Line” (or the 3Ps)
- Embedding sustainability in PR Practice
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Develop in-depth understanding of Sustainability and CSR ecosystem and future development
- Competently formulate sustainability strategies that can enable the integration of CSR into corporate structure
- Exposure to real life Social Return on Investment (SROI) cases
- Articulate the business case for sustainability
- Ensure maximum impact from Sustainability and CSR initiatives
- Influence Sustainability and CSR positive development within company and partners
- Differentiate yourself from your competitors
- Develop and enhance relationships with customers, suppliers and networks
- Generate positive publicity and media opportunities due to media interest in ethical business activities
- Improve your business reputation and standing
This program is appropriate for business professionals at all levels of experience who would like to be more effective in building and sustaining relationships.
A professional with a strong background in Development and Corporate Communications, Advocacy and Project Management. Donald was the head of Corporate Communications, External Affairs and CSR at Airtel Ghana before joining Afriwave in 2015. During the four years at post, He led Airtel’s engagement with the media and other stakeholders to build positive images about the company and vibrancy in its communications. Under his watch, the company grew in reputation having won over 20 awards from major institutions that confer excellence awards to organizations. In 2014, he was awarded the PR Discovery of the Year at the 3rd Public Relations Excellence Awards.
He joined Airtel in 2011 from Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd where he managed the Corporate Communications function for three years. He was instrumental in engaging the media that led to the highest number of entries from Ghana and a Ghanaian business journalist winning a category of the prestigious Diageo Africa Business Reporting Awards for the first time in its history. In his last year, he doubled as Corporate Citizenship Manager, driving the company’s flagship corporate social responsibility programme, Water of Life, which provided clean water to 100,000 Ghanaians.
Prior to Guinness and for a decade, Donald managed projects in Guinea – Conakry, Mali and The Gambia as well as being the Communications Manager and Advocacy Champion for West Africa for Sightsavers International (Royal Commonwealth Society for the Blind).
IPR Members, GH¢ 600.00
Non Members: GH¢ 800.00
DATE & TIME
Wednesday 27th September
Thursday 28th September
5:00PM – 7:00PM
The course will run at the IPR’s Secretariat in Accra; on the compound of Local Government Service Secretariat, near Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel – Accra